Position: Executive Director
Salary: Starting at $80,000 plus benefits (Depending on Experience)
To Apply: Submit cover letter indicating interest and experience along with resume or CV demonstrating qualifications via email@example.com by March 15, 2019.
Seeking an experienced leader with vision and passion to promote, organize, and articulate the mission of WATERSPIRIT, a center of ecology and spirituality in Rumson, New Jersey.
The Executive Director holds overall responsibility for the administration, programs, advocacy, fundraising, marketing and community outreach of WATERSPIRIT. Collaborates with staff, advisory board, and volunteers to organize programs and advocacy efforts and implement the strategic plan. Actively engages and energizes volunteers, advisory board members, funders, event committees, and participating organizations to promote the mission.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Commitment to and demonstrated experience in support of the WATERSPIRIT Mission.
· Master’s Degree in ecology, spirituality, theology, earth science, or related field preferred.
· Knowledge, personal experience and passion for Earth spirituality and ecology, evolutionary faith and the new cosmology.
· Willingness to learn about and work from the core values of the ministries of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace, including dignity of the person, option for the poor, peace through justice, care of creation, solidarity, reading the signs of the times, and collaboration.
· Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a team environment.
· Grounding in environmental issues and specifically water issues.
· Collaborative and creative spirit.
· Strong written and oral communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills and strong, persuasive public speaking ability.
· Facility with non-profit finances, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
· Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed.
· Ability to look at issues from a local perspective, as well as national and international.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to direct and implement programs in line with mission.
· Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteers, donors and stakeholders.
WATERSPIRIT’s Mission Statement
WATERSPIRIT is a center of ecology and spirituality that informs, inspires, and enables all people to deepen their consciousness of the sacredness and interdependence of all creation with a focus on water as critical in sustaining all life. WATERSPIRIT is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace.
Ø WATERSPIRIT values education, advocacy, and collaboration in promoting the individual transformation and systemic change needed to sustain water and all life on Earth.
Ø WATERSPIRIT values the inclusion of all who seek to pursue a spirituality that deepens their connection with Earth and all her systems.
Ø WATERSPIRIT, rooted in the Gospel and Catholic Social Teaching, stresses the importance of the right to clean, safe water for the poor and disadvantaged.
WATERSPIRIT is a Ministry of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace