Waterspirit is seeking a creative, collaborative person to join our team as the Program Manager! The full listing may be downloaded here.
Position: Program Manager
Salary: $60,000 plus benefits (depending on experience).
Time commitment: This is a full-time position that may at times require travel as well as night and weekend availability.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, brief writing sample, and resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter and resume, please highlight your relevant experience particularly regarding spirituality and the environment. Preferably, writing samples will reflect these themes as well. Questions about this position may be directed to email@example.com or to (732) 923-9788.
Deadline for Submissions: This position will remain open until filled. Priority will be given to applications submitted before the fall equinox (September 23, 2019).
Waterspirit is seeking a passionate and experienced Program Manager to develop and carry out public-focused programming that furthers the mission of Waterspirit, a nonprofit center of spiritual ecology headquartered in Rumson, New Jersey.
- Designing, marketing, and implementing our seasonal, site-specific, and ongoing programs. These include (but are not limited to) solstice and equinox rituals, weekly meditations and drum circles, a bi-monthly book club, an annual retreat, speakers and movie presentations, tabling at local events, and educational programming for local schools and community centers.
- Ensuring the health of current programming, as well as developing new programming and community partnerships.
- Integrating advocacy and fundraising into programming as appropriate.
- Curating social media and website content in collaboration with the Waterspirit team.
- Interfacing with local and national media as needed.
- Coordinating volunteers to implement programming and cultivate a sense of community.
- Collaborating with Waterspirit’s staff and assisting on other tasks as needed. Our four-person team often pitches in on whatever needs to be done, which may at times include duties not listed in this description.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Demonstrated commitment to spiritual ecology, the new cosmology, and social justice.
- Willingness to learn about and work from the mission and charism of Waterspirit as well as its parent organizations Peace Ministries, Inc. and the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace.
- Ability to form connections with and create content for diverse audiences in communities of different faiths, backgrounds, and ages.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an environmental-, religion-, education-, or communications-related field.
- Experience in planning events for the public, particularly with an educational, advocacy, and/or fundraising focus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills a must. Communications experience preferred, particularly with social media, web content, and/or interactions with local and national media.
- Graphic and web design experience preferred.
- Creativity, focus, determination, and collaborative spirit.
Ability to travel and to work nights and weekends as needed.